What to do when you have registered for DofE
You have registered with DofE for the first time
- You receive an email from DofE saying that you are on the eDofE system. It will give you your user name, and the password you use for your first logon.
- You should log on using the name and password you received. You will be required to change your password. Please make a note of what you choose! You will be asked to fill in some extra information. Please also check that your name and date of birth are correct: if they are not, get in touch with us.
- Once you have filled in your address, you will receive, through the post, your welcome pack, though it may take a couple of weeks. It includes a sheet for you to hand to your Assessor for each activity.
- You should download the eDofE app to your phone, as this will make it much easier to use. You will find the links and help here: https://www.dofe.org/do/app/.
- You can then start to enter information for Volunteering, Physical and Skill. Don’t try to enter expedition details, as that will be done by your leaders nearer the time.
- You will be asked to choose the “timescale”. This could mean, at Bronze for instance, choosing 6 months for Volunteering and 3 months for each of the others. You have to enter a start date for each one. Note that you can backdate one activity by up to 3 months if you have already been doing it – for instance, if you have already been working as a Young Leader, you could backdate the Volunteering start date to 3 months before you registered for DofE.
- For each activity, you should enter details of where you will do it and who will Assess you. You should also enter your Goals: eg “To develop my confidence in talking to the Cubs”; “To improve my fitness and hold a regular place in the team”; “To improve my piano playing and achieve Grade 3”. When the details are complete, you click a button to ‘Submit programme planner’. Your DofE leader should then approve it, or ask you for further information.
You have registered to add a level
- You are already registered on eDofE, so steps 1 and 2 above do not apply. Just make sure your address is correct on the system, and your email address is up to date.
- You should receive your welcome pack through the post.
- Steps 4 to 6 are more or less as above. However:
- You can start working for any section that has been completed at the lower level, but not before the date it was completed.
- You must be 16 to register for Gold, and “Nothing can count for Gold before your 16th birthday”.
- If you choose the same activity again, your goals should show how you intend to make further progress.