Transfer to Scouts to continue your DofE Award
If you started DofE with your school you can ask us to move your DofE record so you can continue with the Scouts.
This page takes you through the process – the transfer usually takes 1-3 days, no contact with your school is needed, and there is no cost.
To use this service you must be a member of one of the Districts in South East Scotland Region as one of these:
- an Explorer Scout in an Explorer Scout Unit
- an Explorer Scout Young Leader on placement with a Scout Group
- a member of the Network Section
Make sure your DofE record is up to date
Before you request we start the transfer, check that the school has entered all the information you need and that your record is up to date:
- Assessor’s reports etc. submitted
- Sections you have completed are approved and shown as complete
If anything is missing, please ask the school to make these updates and only request the transfer when they have done this.
Before you start completing the transfer form check that:
- You have your 7-digit eDofE number ready
- You know which District you are a member of, and if you are an Explorer, the name of your Unit
- Both you and a parent/guardian have an email which will be able to receive a verification code which you will have to enter to complete the form
Now open the form and complete it
What Happens Next?
- The participant and parent/guardian will each immediately receive an automated email to confirm the details have been received. If you don’t receive this within 5 minutes, first check your Spam folder and if not there, re-enter the form, and if the issue remains email us.
- We will contact you by email when the transfer is completed.
- You should contact your teacher in charge of DofE to let them know you have transferred to Scouts, and it is a good opportunity to thank them for their help with DofE so far.
- If you are starting a new level, you can register to have a place at Silver or Gold added to your DofE – information is available on this page.