Silver Gold Training
See joining instructions and information below session details
Joining instructions for each week
Please join the call 10 minutes before the start time shown below
- Check everything is working and set up ready
- Please wear your Neckie
- It will be very helpful if you can have your video on, though we understand that this will not work for everybody.
- As soon as you are admitted from the Waiting Room, send a chat message with your full name and the name of your Explorer Unit.
- You will spend half the time in a small breakout group, so please come ready to chat and discuss things with other Explorers.
If you are unable to attend, or have difficulties in joining it is important that you email us to let us know on firstname.lastname@example.org
Who should complete this training
Every person who participates in an expedition undergoes training in expedition skills to ensure they can safely take part.
This training covers those skills needed to take part in your DofE expedition, and includes 3 online sessions followed by two face-to-face serssions outdoors when that becomes practical.
You must complete these if you would like to take part in a Silver and/or Gold hillwalking or biking expedition with SEEE this year.
Canoeing participants do not need to complete this, as SEEE includes this training as an integral part of the canoeing training programme.
We will record who attends each session to demonstrate to the Leader in charge of your expeditions that everyone is trained and the expedition can safely take place. The Leader may decide you can not take part if you have missed training – please let us know in advance if you will not be able to attend any of the training.
When does the training take place
The three online sessions, each lasting one hour, will be held on:
- Sunday 11 April 2021 at 6 pm and 8 pm
- Sunday 18 April 2021 at 6 pm and 8 pm
- Sunday 25 April 2021 at 6 pm and 8 pm
Due to the numbers taking part, you should reserve a place on one of the two times the session is run on each date where places are available.
What do you need to take part
- The training will be run using Zoom with group work in breakout rooms.
- Join ten minutes before the start, so we can start and finish on time.
- We aim for the breakout sessions to be interactive and to help everyone get to know others who may be in their final expedition groups, and these work best if you are able and willing to have your video camera on. We of course will respect your privacy if you wish to have your video off.
- Meeting details will be emailed out – please check your Junk/Spam folder first, but if you haven’t received these by noon on Sunday 11 April then contact us by email.
- If available, please use a PC, laptop or other device with a large screen for the training as detailed maps are used and will not be easily readable on a smaller screen on your phone.