Code of Conduct for SEEE Expeditions
Code of Conduct for Explorer Scouts taking part South East Explorer Expeditions
The SEEE volunteers want everyone to have an enjoyable, challenging and safe experience on their expedition. To help make that possible you are asked to follow this Code of Conduct:
- Be enthusiastic and open to sharing new experiences with Explorers and Adults from other Units in the Region during training and expeditions.
- Treat everyone with respect regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or religious beliefs and avoid inappropriate or abusive physical, verbal or online actions.
- Be positive representatives of DofE and Scouting to the wider public.
- Follow all UK Laws, the Scottish Outdoor Access code and treat the environment with consideration and respect.
- Be responsible for your own safety and that of your expedition group, and support leaders by raising any questions or concerns with SEEE Leaders.
- Complete personal training and preparation, and do your share of tasks within your expedition group. If you can’t complete a session or activity, make every effort to catch up to avoid holding your group back.
- Check regularly for, and read and respond promptly to communications (OSM, email, eDofE).
- Take care of equipment used during training and expeditions, return it clean and ready for use on the next expedition, and report anything that needs to be fixed. Individuals/groups may be charged for repairs/replacements due to carelessness.
- Understand that it may not be possible to continue as a member of this programme if there are serious problems with behaviour or progress with training/group work.
Explorer Scout Promise, Law and Motto
The Scout Promise (Alternative Promise also available)
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto
From the 20 Conditions of a DofE Expedition
- Groups must adhere to a mobile phone use policy as agreed with their Expedition Supervisor and Assessor. This agreement should also include use of other electronic equipment. – here is the SEEE Mobile Phone Policy
- Participants must behave responsibly with respect for their team members, Leaders, the public and animals.
- Groups must understand and adhere to the Countryside /Scottish Outdoor Access, Highway and Water Sports Codes (as appropriate).