Checklist for Leaders in Charge
Some things to be checked before the expedition, for each candidate:
Are all details on OSM up to date? Have you checked them?
Should members of a group know about, for example:
- An allergy to nuts (etc)? [They need to plan their food …]
- That someone has an EpiPen? [Where? Could they use it?]
- That someone has diabetes? [Planning food, time out, managing energy use…]
Do they have their personal medication?
- Prescription medicines etc in original containers (make sure this is listed on OSM) including EpiPens, inhalers, medicines for allergies …
- Do they have enough, including spares?
Hand gel [Available throughout journey]
Insect repellent and midge net
Sanitary products [Strenuous exercise can lead to an unexpected period.]
Suitable clothing including waterproofs, hat(s), gloves, buff etc [for all likely weather conditions]
FOOD and WATER
Enough food? [3000 calories per day, average]
Plenty of snacks?
Starting with 2 litres of water per day?
Is it properly adjusted?
Is to too heavy? [Maximum recommended is 25% of body weight.]