Basic Training Week 4
Module 4 - Sunday 28 February
Preparing for Module 5
You will have to prepare your expedition route using this, so try plotting a simple route – anything will do.
Here are two DofE documents you should know about, though you don’t have to read them all at once. We referred to both of them in Module 1.
This explains what the Assessor will be checking.
This gives details of what we have to cover, under the following headings:
- First aid and emergency procedures
- An awareness of risk and health and safety issues
- Navigation and route planning
- Preparatory map skills
- Practical map skills
- Compass skills
- Campcraft, equipment and hygiene
- Food and cooking
- Countryside and Highway Codes
- Observation recording and presentations
- Team building
- Proficiency in the mode of travel – walking