Joining instructions for each week
Please join the call 10 minutes before the start time shown below
- Check everything is working and set up ready
- Please wear your Neckie
- It will be very helpful if you can have your video on, though we understand that this will not work for everybody.
- As soon as you are admitted from the Waiting Room, send a chat message with your full name and the name of your Explorer Unit.
- You will spend half the time in a small breakout group, so please come ready to chat and discuss things with other Explorers.
If you are unable to attend, or have difficulties in joining it is important that you email us to let us know on email@example.com
Who should complete this training
Every person who participates in an expedition undergoes training in expedition skills to ensure they can safely take part.
This training covers those skills needed to take part in your first DofE expedition, and includes 8 online sessions, and a number of face-face serssions outdoors when that becomes practical.
You must complete these if:
- You are participating in a Bronze expedition
- If you will be taking part in your first DofE expedition at Silver or Gold levels
This training course is for hillwalking and biking expeditions.
Canoeing participants do not need to complete this, as SEEE includes this training as an integral part of the canoeing training programme.
We will record who attends each session to demonstrate to the Leader in charge of your expeditions that everyone is trained and the expedition can safely take place. The Leader may decide you can not take part if you have missed training – please let us know in advance if you will not be able to attend any of the training.
When does the training take place
The first four modules will be held on:
- Sunday 7th February 2021
- Sunday 14th February 2021
- Sunday 21st February 2021
- Sunday 28th February 2021
Due to the numbers taking part, you should reserve a place on one of the three times the module is run on each date where places are available.
The booking form closes on Saturday 6th February at 6pm so we can organise groups and breakout rooms.
The module lasts one hour and the choice of start times are:
How to reserve your place
Please book your place using this link – make sure to include your name and your Unit name on this Doodle Poll
Places are limited, so please book quickly to get the time you want. Your booked time is for both Module 1 and Module 2.
What do you need to take part
- The training will be run using Zoom with group work in breakout rooms
- We aim for the sessions to be interactive and to help everyone get to know others who may be in their final expedition groups, and these work best if you are able and willing to have your video camera on. We of course will respect your privacy if you wish to have your video off.
- Meeting details will be emailed out – please check your Junk/Spam folder first, but if you haven’t received these by 6pm on Saturday 6th February then contact us by email
- If available, please use a PC, laptop or other device with a large screen for the training as detailed maps are used and will not be easily readable on a smaller screen in your phone.
- Join ten minutes before the start, so we can start and finish on time.